About Me

My photo
I am a Child of God, Wife of a Beautiful Man, named Joseph, Mother to two wonderful almost grown children, Michele and Bella. I'm a Soul Sister Ya Ya to Sharon Rose Salpietro,- an Artist, Photographer, Writer, Hair Stylist, Energy Healer, and Kitchen Witch. I love to read and I enjoy many hobbies and have too many interests to list. I like to find new ways to express my artistic cravings while navigating through life as a wife and a mom. All comments would be appreciated and feel free to share my ideas and recipes.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Marguerita's "Feel the Love" Chilli

MARGUERITA’S “FEEL THE LOVE” CHILLI RECIPE


Ingredients

*1 pound ground beef, turkey, sausage or pork (optional) - recipe can be made
  with a combination of these meats or be made meat free
*2 onions
*3-4 fresh peppers (I like to use yellow, orange, red and green for color and
  flavor).
*3-4 garlic cloves
*2 (29 oz.) cans of tomato puree
*One can corn drained
*Two cans of black beans rinsed and drained
*Two cans of small red kidney beans rinsed and drained
*One can of pink beans rinsed and drained
*One 8 ounce jar of medium tomato salsa
*Spices to taste: salt, pepper, oregano, chili powder, cumin & basil & hot
  pepper flakes.
*Cheese freshly grated for topping if so desired

I sauté` the garlic and onions in a pan – then I add the ground meat – cooking until brown – I then drain off the fat.

In another pot (large pot) – I add all of the ingredients above. Stir together and cook over a low heat – or all ingredients can be put into a crock-pot to “slow cook” throughout the day left unattended.

This dish is served well with freshly grated cheese, salad and Italian bread. I sometimes like to serve brown rice on the side.

This recipe can be made ahead of time – and freezes well if you were to freeze leftovers for future meals.
Prepare it for your family - don’t forget to stir with love and bless your food – when you serve it – while sitting at the table enjoying this colorful meal with its many textures, colors and flavors – for certain I am sure you (and those you are dining with) will “feel the love.” Buona cena a tutti!!!

No comments: