About Me

My photo
I am a Child of God, Wife of a Beautiful Man, named Joseph, Mother to two wonderful almost grown children, Michele and Bella. I'm a Soul Sister Ya Ya to Sharon Rose Salpietro,- an Artist, Photographer, Writer, Hair Stylist, Energy Healer, and Kitchen Witch. I love to read and I enjoy many hobbies and have too many interests to list. I like to find new ways to express my artistic cravings while navigating through life as a wife and a mom. All comments would be appreciated and feel free to share my ideas and recipes.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Violet's Hands

These hands belong to a woman named Violet. Violet is a friend of my sister Sharon. Violet is ninety-nine something years young. She told me she was a secretary, worked for Oyster Creek Energy plant as an office supervisor, she's travelled the world and went on many cruises. Although I doubt she was on the Titantic. (She never implied this). This picture was taken at Sharon's house when Violet told me all these things. She loves all kinds of food especially sweet and spicy which could also be used to describe her. Kind of an example of "you are what you eat". I took a ton of pictures, and a few weeks later I met Sharon,Violet and Mary, (Violet's daughter) at a restaurant for lunch. Sharon had taken Violet that morning to get Violet's hearing aid. I did not know it until we were at the restaurant that Violet was both blind and deaf. She can hear some with a hearing aid. She is however as smart as a tack. I was dumbfounded when I discovered this and was amazed when she asked me, "What did you do with all those pictures you took of me and my hands". Amazing. Violet uses a walker to get around to balance herself. I'm sure I'd need one too if I was both sight and hearing impaired. She often falls I am told but she will get up and dust herself off. She loves eating and music and travelling. She is of the dainty sort that you don't see much anymore. It's nostalgic being near her. She is very classy and matches her pocketbook to her outfit, to her broach, to her shoes. She's always coordinated. Her hands are soft and delicate. And when you hold them her skin feels warm and paper thin, yet you can feel the strength of who she is. A woman who's lived near a century, loved, married, gave birth, survived both World wars, the Great Depression and the loss of loved ones who were called home to be with God. Violet, I am posting one of the photos of your hands because I think you rock!







No comments: